1. Big Creek Park – Big Creek Park consists of 3 trail systems: The Greenway Trail, Mountain Bike Trails and a Walking Trail. The Greenway trail consists of a little over 2 miles of concrete sidewalk and boardwalks. It is a multi-user trail meaning it is open to joggers, walkers, bikers, roller bladers, etc. The trail will eventually connect to Alpharetta’s Greenway trail as well as Roswell’s Riverwalk trail system.
My favorite part about Big Creek are the mountain biking trails. There are approximately 4.25 miles of open trails including beginner,
intermediate and advanced trails. The latest addition to Big Creek is a designated “freeride” section with plenty of berms and jumps.
2. Chattahoochee River – Running through Roswell is the Chattahoochee River which gives you an opportunity to be active and close to nature just minutes from home. There are many trails along the banks of the river…even some hidden singletrack trails for mountain biking!
Residents enjoy time spent on the trails, sunbathing on rocks, fishing, kayaking, tubing, and much more!
3. Mountains – Originally from the midwest, mountains are something I’m not use to seeing. About 90 minutes north of Roswell are the Blue Ridge Mountains an amazing and scenic place. Some of the best mountain biking is located up in the mountains. In addition there are some great water systems for kayaking and whitewater rafting.
4. Lake Sidney Lanier – Located about 45 minutes northeast of Roswell is the man-made reservoir known as Lake Lanier (officially Lake Sidney Lanier). The lake encompasses 38,000 acres of water and 692 miles of shoreline. The lake is extremely popular with boaters, sailors, houseboats, jetskiers and others.
5. History – There is so much history in Roswell from the old mill to the historic antebellum homes to the quaint downtown. Roswell is a city with a lot of character and a great place to spend your time and marvel at its rich history and deep seeded roots.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Roswell Heritage Days in May
- 2012 Barrington Hall Lecture Series
- The Roswell Cycling Festival
- Georgia Rides to the Capitol
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection