Roswell Georgia is home to the largest Memorial Day celebration in the state of Georgia. Each year, folks gather on the lawn of Roswell City Hall to honor those who have given their lives to protect our freedoms.
Displays are open to the public starting at 10 am. The military ceremony begins at 11 am, and by 12:45 picnic lunches appear and the music of Banks and Shane fill the air.
In 1997, twelve patriotic individuals came together to create a truly unique Memorial Day event; a non-political, non-commercial ceremony honoring veterans and the sacrifices they made in protecting our freedom. That first ceremony attracted approximately 1,800 individuals. From that humble beginning, came the Roswell Memorial Day Ceremony, an event which attracts approximately 6,000-7,000 people from throughout Georgia and the southeast.
The Roswell Memorial Day celebration program includes:
- 10:00 a.m. Displays Open to the Public
- 10:15 a.m. Pre-Ceremony Music
- Atlanta Wind Symphony & Chattahoochee Celtic Pipes and Drums
- 11:00 a.m. Program start
- Presentation of Colors
- National Anthem
- Pledge of Allegiance
- “Lest We Forget” POW-MIA
- Laying of the Wreath
- 2012 Featured Speaker: Major General David R. Bockel, Retired
- Reflections “From The Heart”
- 21-Gun Salute
- 12:30 p.m. Conclusion of Military Program
- 12:45 p.m. Food Tent Opens and Concert on the Lawn
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2016 Roswell Summer Puppet Series
- Angela Reign Performs at the Sundays on the River Concert
- 26th Annual Colors Festival of Arts
- ArtAround Roswell
- 2016 Roswell Farmers and Artisans Market