|February 22, 2014|
|10:00 am||to||2:00 pm|
The City of Roswell and Keep Roswell Beautiful (KRB) are pleased to announce the 2014 Roswell Green Expo is scheduled for Saturday, February 22, at Hembree Park (850 Hembree Road) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In its third year, the expo’s mission is to educate residents about “green” practices they can incorporate into their lives and homes.
The Expo will feature
- a Green Market, showcasing many local and regional vendors. So far, confirmed vendors include: Roswell Recycling Center, One More Generation, Heath Source of Sandy Springs Chiropractor, The Lost Arts, Atlanta Paint Disposal, Juice Plus Tower Garden, Georgia Aquarium, Lighting Energy Depot, Bike Roswell, Aromas by Johnette, The Rain Barrel Depot, David’s Garden and More, Kim’s Kool Hats & Stuff, Chattahoochee Nature Center, Angels Among Us, and Keep Roswell Beautiful.
- family-friendly cooking demonstrations by Roswell’s own Chef Darwin Felion
- a DIY rain barrel workshop presented by Vicki Culbreth, Environmental Education Coordinator for the City of Roswell, and The Rainbarrel Depot. The workshop is limited to 30 participants. For more information and to register, visit roswellgreenexpo.org.
- Favorite Costumed Characters, including Captain Planet, BAIR from the Clean Air Campaign, “Bag Monster” from the One More Generation, “KiRBy” from Keep Roswell Beautiful, and several native species characters from the Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Keep North Fulton Beautiful’s “SuperPals” Puppet Show
- KRB’s Earth Balloon
- Photo Booth
- Arts Projects for Kids: Create pinecone animals to be displayed in Roswell-area parks for Jacob’s Ladder School’s Hide-And-Seek Art Project.
“The expo is a great way for residents to learn about being green while having fun,” said Janet Liberman, co-chair of the Roswell Green Expo and Executive Director of Keep Roswell Beautiful. “The workshops, entertainment and vendors are designed to actively engage community members while teaching simple ways to be sustainable and green. It is not to be missed.”
Sponsors of the 2014 Roswell Green Expo include: Gas South, Bank of North Georgia, Trex Company, Inc., Georgia Power, Caraustar, Neighbor Newspapers, Play It Again Sports, the City of Roswell and Keep Roswell Beautiful.
The expo is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit roswellgreenexpo.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2014 Slammin’ in the Suburbs: Roswell Roots Poetry Slam
- 1st Annual Roswell Fire and Police Foundation Charity Gala
- Roswell Bring One for the Chipper 2014
- Annual Lighting of Historic Roswell Square
- Roswell’s 63rd Annual Frances McGahee Youth Day Celebration